The main conference venue is the Dipoli Congress Center located on the beautiful campus of Aalto University (former Helsinki University of Technology), in Espoo (8km west from the city centre of Helsinki).
The workshops take place in TUAS Building of Aalto University, Otaniementie 17, Espoo. The poster session takes place with the get together event in T Building of Aalto University, Konemiehentie 2, Espoo. Both of these are located in 5-7 minutes walking distance from the congress center.
You can find practical and visiting information for the city of Espoo on the Espoo city visitor guide.
Reservations for the Sokos Presidentti (Eteläinen Rautatiekatu 4, 00100 Helsinki, Finland, see webpage for details) can be made by email at email@example.com using promotional code "ICANN11" to have the following pricing:
- 106 EUR / Standard Class single occupancy room
- 126 EUR / Standard Class double occupancy room
including Breakfast and internet connection.
The Sokos Presidentti hotel is located at 100m of the central bus station Kamppi. The regional ticket for a one-way travel Helsinki<->Espoo is 4Euros and you can buy a 4-days travel card (all travels in Helsinki-Espoo area covered) for 30 Euros, or 5-days for 36 Euros (see Helsinki Area Transport ticket prices, single-charge card, day tickets). These multiple days travel cards are available for purchase from the R-Kioski shops (located e.g. in the airport or in Kamppi bus terminal) and the Matkahuolto travel center in the Kamppi bus terminal.
The bus 102, 102T and 103 leaving from the Kamppi bus terminal in Helsinki are a straight connection to the conference site (approximately 20 minutes).
Also, if some students/researchers want to share a room, they can contact amaury.lendasse(at)aalto.fi (please tell your gender) and we will help them to find a room mate (but the booking has to be made by the people themselves).
How to get here ?
A natural choice for flying to Finland is one of the world's oldest operating airlines called Finnair. Other airlines you can use are for example SAS and Blue1. The arrival is at the Helsinki-Vantaa airport. There are different kinds of transport services at the airport:
- Taxi. The cost is about 35 EUR to Aalto University Campus.
- Airport Taxi. A yellow cab, which is a bit cheaper, around 25 EUR. It takes other passengers heading for your direction as well, so the trip takes a bit longer. The airport taxi has a booth in the lobby right after the customs.
- Finnair Citybus which takes you to the Helsinki City center. The cost is 5,20 EUR.
- Bus 615 to the Helsinki City Center (recommended). The cost is 4,00 EUR. The ticket is valid 80 minutes from the time of purchase in all public transport vehicles in the capital area. More about public transport in Helsinki area here.
The trip from the airport to the city or to the Aalto University Campus area takes half an hour by taxi, or a little more by public transport. If the traffic is heavy it may take extra 15 minutes.
Buses 102 and 103 shuttle from the early morning till
midnight between Helsinki bus station (Kamppi) and Aalto University Campus. They depart from
piers 41 and 42, respectively, in Kamppi bus station building, which is
co-located with Kamppi metro station. The trip takes 13-20 minutes, 3-5 minutes
more if the bus goes via Lauttasaari (marked by T on the bus).
Examples of departure and arrival times for buses from Helsinki Kamppi Bus terminal to Aalto University Campus HERE. One-way ticket: 4 Euros