6. Technical Support
6.1 Support from IBM
OpenDX is no longer supported by IBM; however, many of the developers still answer questions on the OpenDX mailing lists.
6.2 Commercial Support
A few vendors provide commercial technical support. One such vendor is Visualization and Imagery Solutions, Inc. Other vendors can be found in the community links at www.opendx.org
6.3 Support from the Data Explorer User Community
There are a number of resources that can be used to get support, information and publicly available software related to Data Explorer from other Data Explorer users. These include the following:
- Fairly inactive usenet newsgroup, for better response, use the mailing lists.
- Mailing Lists
- There are four mailing lists; opendx-dev, opendx-users, opendx-general, and opendx-announce. If you want to subscribe, just send a mail message to <email@example.com> with the following in the message body (not the subject!). (The "end" keeps Majordomo from trying to treat any signature text as commands.)
- IBM Research Visualization Data Explorer
- The home of OpenDX.
- The second home of OpenDX.
- Cornell Theory Center
- A Data Explorer Repository.