IBM Visualization Data Explorer contains software copyrighted as follows:
Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation, and that the name of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific, written prior permission. E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company makes no representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company disclaims all warranties with regard to this software, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, in no event shall E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this software.
National Space Science Data Center
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, Maryland 20771 USA
(NSI/DECnet -- NSSDCA::CDFSUPPORT)
(Internet -- CDFSUPPORT@NSSDCA.GSFC.NASA.GOV)
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies, that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation, and that the name of UCAR/Unidata not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific, written prior permission. UCAR makes no representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. It is provided with no support and without obligation on the part of UCAR Unidata, to assist in its use, correction, modification, or enhancement.
NCSA HDF Version 3.2 source code and documentation are in the public domain. Specifically, we give to the public domain all rights for future licensing of the source code, all resale rights, and all publishing rights.
We ask, but do not require, that the following message be included in all derived works:
Portions developed at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, in collaboration with the Information Technology Institute of Singapore.
THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS GIVES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, FOR THE SOFTWARE AND/OR DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
UNIX is a registered trademark of UNIX Systems Laboratories, Inc.
Gradient is a registered trademark of Gradient Technologies, Inc.
NetLS and Network Licensing System are trademarks of Apollo Computer, Inc., a subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Co.
Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that (i) the above copyright notices and this permission notice appear in all copies of the software and related documentation, and (ii) the names of Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics may not be used in any advertising or publicity relating to the software without the specific, prior written permission of Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SAM LEFFLER OR SILICON GRAPHICS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
The Graphics Interchange Format © is the copyright property of Compuserve Incorporated. GIF(SM) is a Service Mark property of Compuserve Incorporated.
Motif Shrinkwrap License
READ THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE PROGRAM TAPE, THE SOFTWARE (THE "PROGRAM"), OR THE ACCOMPANYING USER DOCUMENTATION (THE "DOCUMENTATION"). THIS AGREEMENT REPRESENTS THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT CONCERNING THE PROGRAM AND DOCUMENTATION POSAL, REPRESENTATION, OR UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE PARTIES WITH RESPECT TO ITS SUBJECT MATTER. BY BREAKING THE SEAL ON THE TAPE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND NY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU SHOULD PROMPTLY RETURN THE CONTENTS, WITH THE TAPE SEAL UNBROKEN; YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED.
1. License: ISC remains the exclusive owner of the Program and the Documentation. ICS grant to Customer a nonexclusive, nontransferable (except as provided herein) license to use, modify, have modified, and prepare and have prepared derivative works of the Program as necessary to use it.
2. Customer Rights: Customer may use, modify and have modified and prepare and have prepared derivative works of the Program in object code form as is necessary to use the Program. Customer may make copies of the Program up to the number authorized by ICS in writing, in advance. There shall be no fee for Statically linked copies of the Motif libraries. Statically linked copies are object code copies integrated within a single application program and executable only with that single application. Run Time copies require payment of ICS' then applicable fee. Run Time copies are copies which include any portion of a linkable object file (".o" file), library file (".a" file), the window manager (mwm manager), the U.I.L. compiler, a shared library, or any tool or mechanism that enables generation of any portion of such components; other copies will require payment of ICS' applicable fees. TRANSFERS TO THIRD PARTIES OF COPIES OF THE LICENSED PROGRAMS, OR OF APPLICATIONS PROGRAMS INCORPORATING THE PROGRAM (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF), REQUIRE ICS' RESELLER AGREEMENT. Customer may not lease or lend the Program to any party. Customer shall not attempt to reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the program.
3. Limited Warranty: (a) ICS warrants that for thirty (30) days from the delivery to Customer, each copy of the Program, when installed and used in accordance with the Documentation, will conform in all material respects to the description of the Program's operations in the Documentation. (b) Customer's exclusive remedy and ICS' sole liability under this warranty shall be for ICS to attempt, through reasonable efforts, to correct any material failure of the Program to perform as warranted, if such failure is reported to ICS within the warranty period and Customer, at ICS' request, provides ICS with sufficient information (which may include access to Customer's computer system for use of Customer's copies of the Program by ICS personnel) to reproduce the defect in question; provided, that if ICS is unable to correct any such failure within a reasonable time, ICS may, at its sole option, refund to the Customer the license fee paid for the Product. (c) ICS need not treat minor discrepancies in the Documentation as errors in the Program, and may instead furnish correction to the Program. (d) ICS does not warrant that the operation of the Program will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that all errors will be corrected. (e) THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF, AND ICS DISCLAIMS, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL ICS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM OR DOCUMENTATION.
4. Term and Termination: The term of this agreement shall be indefinite; however, this Agreement may be terminated by ICS in the event of a material default by Customer which is not cured within thirty (30) days after the receipt of notice of such breech by ICS. Customer may terminate this Agreement at any time by destruction of the Program, the Documentation, and all other copies of either of them. Upon termination, Customer shall immediately cease use of, and return immediately to ICS, all existing copies of the Program and Documentation, and cease all use thereof. All provisions hereof regarding liability and limits thereon shall survive the termination of this the Agreement.
5. U.S. GOVERNMENT LICENSES. If the Product is provided to the U.S. Government, the Government acknowledges receipt of notice that the Product and Documentation were developed at private expense and that no part of either of them is in the public domain. The Government acknowledges ICS' representation that the Product is "Restricted Computer Software" as defined in clause 52.227-19 of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (the "FAR" and is "Commercial Computer Software" as defined in Subpart 227.471 of the Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (the "DFARS"). The Government agrees that (i) if the software is supplied to the Department of Defense, the software is classified as "Commercial Computer Software" . and that the Government is acquiring only "Restricted Rights" in the software and its documentation as that term is defined in Clause 252.227-7013(c)(1) of the DFARS and (ii) if the software is supplied to any unit or agency of the Government other than the Department of Defense, then notwithstanding any other lease or license agreement that may pertain to, or accompany the delivery of, the computer software and accompanying documentation, the rights of the Government regarding its use, reproduction and disclosure are as set forth in Clause 52.227-19(c)(2) of the FAR. All copies of the software and the documentation sold to or for use by the Government shall contain any and all notices and legends necessary or appropriate to assure that the Government acquires only limited right in any such documentation and restricted rights in any such software.
6. Governing Law: This license shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a contract made and performed therein.
Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation, and that the names of OMRON, NTT Software, NTT, and M.I.T. not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific, written prior permission. OMRON, NTT Software, NTT, and M.I.T. make no representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
OMRON, NTT SOFTWARE, NTT, AND M.I.T. DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL OMRON, NTT SOFTWARE, NTT, OR M.I.T. BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.