The Evolving Tree software package
This page hosts the C++ reference implementation for the Evolving
Tree algorithm. It is a non-supervised tree-shaped self-organizing
neural network that has been especially designed for analyzing and
indexing huge data bases.
The software package is © 2004-2006 Jussi Pakkanen, with portions
© 2004 Petri Turkulainen. The package is available under the
terms of the Gnu
GPL, version 2.
The current version of the package is 1.3, which was released
May 17. 2006. You can download it here. This version has only minor bugfixes.
There are currently six publications dealing with the Evolving Tree.
- Jussi Pakkanen, The Evolving Tree, a new kind of self-organizing
neural network. Published in the Proceedings of the Workshop on
Self-Organizing Maps, 2003.
- Jussi Pakkanen and Jukka Iivarinen, A Novel Self-Organizing Neural
Network for Defect Image Classification. Published in the Proceedings
of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, 2004.
- Jussi Pakkanen, Jukka Iivarinen and Erkki Oja, The Evolving Tree -
A Novel Self-Organizing Network for Data Analysis. Published in Neural
Processing Letters, Volume 20 Issue 3.
- Jussi Pakkanen and Jukka Iivarinen, Analyzing Large Databases
with the Evolving Tree. Published in Proceedings of the Third
International Conference on Advances in Pattern Recognition, 2005.
- Jussi Pakkanen, Examining the Behaviour of the Evolving
Tree. Published in Proceegins of the 5th Workshop on
Self-Organizing Maps, 2005.
- Jussi Pakkanen, Jukka Iivarinen and Erkki Oja, The Evolving
Tree, a Hierarchical Tool for Unsupervised Data Analysis.
Published in Proceedings of International Joint Conference on Neural
A BibTeX file for the above publications is provided for your convenience.
jussi pakkanen at hut fi
Wednesday, 17-May-2006 15:55:46 EEST