[Back to course home page]
Special course in Information Science II
Information Theory and Machine Learning, Spring 2004
In order to pass the course with 4 credit points, you must prepare and
present your own talk. When preparing your talk, you should remember
- As there is one talk per meeting, it should be about 45 min - 1 hour long.
- Skip proofs, excessive theory and details, and try to explain
clearly the most important matters of the scope of your talk.
- Make handouts of your slides to other participants.
(Ask the assistant for help, if necessary.)
- Send your slides (for example in .pdf format) to the course
assistant so they can be put onto
the home page of the course.
- If you would like to give your presentation using a computer but
do not have a laptop, contact the assistant.
- Select 2-3 problems from the book for others to solve.
- Give model solutions to your selected problems to the lecturer
or the assistant.
Friday, 06-Feb-2004 13:10:30 EET