The posteroanterior digital chest radiographs you can find in here were obtained using a
dual-energy subtraction chest unit.
- Find projections of those images that enhance
- a. the bone structure
- b. the lungs, and their bronchi structures
- Process the lung-enhanced image with LoG
functions of various scales. Compare these with
standard (e.g., Butterworth) high-pass filtering.
- Using the bone-enhanced image, segment the ribs
(e.g., basing on orientation information)
- Compare the oriented nature of both the bone
structure and the bronchi, as extreme example
cases. You may want to use rose diagrams.
- Deblur the lung contour.
- Estimate the area of the lung cavity.
Friday, 20-Jan-2006 14:22:24 EET